SENSE is a member of Platform Zelfstandige Ondernemers, or PZO, the Dutch platform for independent professionals, which was set up in 2002 to champion the interests of freelancers in the political arena. PZO lobbies for freelancers’ interests on matters such as new laws, incapacity for work, pensions and mortgages.
Since 2010, PZO has had a seat on the Dutch Social and Economic Council (SER). This means that it can participate in discussions with employers, unions and other organizations in matters concerning the freelancer. It is also a member of the European Forum of Independent Professionals (EFIP).
SENSE members can benefit from our collective membership, which means saving an easy €100 per year. As an added bonus, SENSE has a seat on the PZO board, allowing us to bring your ideas and issues to their attention more directly.
Benefits of a PZO membership
Joining PZO doesn't just give you the satisfaction of knowing someone in The Hague is looking out for you. It also offers more tangible benefits:
- Workshops and webinars organized throughout the country by the PZO Academy
- Information and advice on a variety of topics, from liability insurance to maternity leave
- A free help desk for tax and legal matters
- Discounts with companies offering a wide range of services for freelancers, from insurance and GDPR compliancy to software packages and mobile phone contracts, and even rapid phone repair services
- Knowledge-sharing lunch sessions which bring freelancers up to date on subjects such as marketing, innovation, and financial matters
- Access to a large network of other freelancers