If you are a language professional working in English in a non-Anglophone setting, then consider joining SENSE. By joining our active professional network, you will:
- obtain support from fellow language professionals working in English in a bilingual or multilingual context.
- stay in touch with developments that affect the English language.
- acquire new skills in professional development workshops.
- solve terminology, language, and professional practice-related problems through our online forum.
- minimize second-language interference (gain the opportunity to speak English!).
- boost your efficiency and your productivity.
- learn from others in friendly, encouraging peer-sharing sessions.
Members can choose among many SENSE activities, including:
- professional development lectures and workshops organized and sponsored by SENSE.
- our mentoring programme, where experienced members pass on their knowledge to newcomers.
- regional and/or subject-driven Special Interest Groups (Utrecht, legal, copywriting, etc.).
- our networking events, including the Summer Social, Annual Dinner and Annual General Meeting.